Looking for birth know-how in the cesarean era?
Is your passion for birth at odds with the high intervention rate of your patients? The cesarean rate has been high for so long that new generations of nurses and midwives struggle to gain skills for spontaneous birth. Providers and parents alike are horrified by the rise in complications after routine birth. Skills for natural birth are lacking.
In Changing Birth on Earth: The Midwife and Nurse’s Guide to Using Physiology to Avoid Another Unnecessary Cesarean, author Gail Tully gives you a fresh look at the B.I.R.T.H. process. Here’s a simple and quick way for highly-trained professionals to:
- Avoid cesareans for posterior presentations and fetal malpositions
- Rediscover birth anatomy with techniques that assist labor progress
- Identify labor dystocia before baby’s heart rate shows distress
- Choose smarter birth positions to shorten pushing and reduce tearing
- Help your patients and colleagues and, together, stop the cesarean pandemic
What Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering, Birthing from Within, and The Birth Partner are for parents, this book is for midwives and labor nurses. You’ll enjoy helping your patients and your colleagues’ patients with simple and effective techniques. They’ll think it’s magic, but you’ll know it’s physiology.
Don’t let another birth end in unnecessary cesarean before you buy this book.