The Breech for Practitioners Package couples the foundational Breech for Pregnant Parents online course with a professionals-focused Breech for Practitioners course. Taken together, they honor the parent and practitioner experiences and invite you to explore, learn, and reflect on what we know about breech pregnancy.
The Breech for Practitioners Package is taught by Spinning Babies® Approved Trainer Nicole Morales and Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner Jamie Mossay. Through short videos, handouts, demonstrations and illustrations, you’ll explore anatomy, physiology, the nervous system, bodywork possibilities, body apprenticeship, and more. Included are printable guided journals to use throughout the course.
This course provides ten (10) continuing education contact hours. Spinning Babies® is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
- Describe the different kinds of breech presentation and the historical context for caring for those pregnant with breech positioned babies.
- Explain anatomical and other reasons for breech presentation and the benefits of anatomy apprenticeship.
- Describe the branches of the autonomic nervous system, their effect on the body, and how their activation can influence space available for a baby.
- Describe important elements of trauma-informed care and consent with respect for a patient/client’s inner journey of self-discovery.
- Demonstrate safe and effective hands-on practices, balances, and techniques that may be helpful for restoring space available for a breech-positioned baby.
- Explain ways to support and validate parents of breech babies preparing for, experiencing, or integrating an External Cephalic Version procedure, a cesarean birth, and/or a vaginal breech birth.
If you are an expectant parent that just wants the parent level information for what do and consider when you discover your baby is breech in pregnancy, you want Breech for Parents.
About the Instructors:
Nicole Morales: LM, CPM, Spinning Babies®Approved Trainer
Nicole has a homebirth midwifery practice in San Diego, CA and is an instructor for Nizhoni Institute of Midwifery. She gave birth to her third daughter breech, which led her to her passion for breech birth and breech body balancing. Nicole teaches Spinning Babies®Workshops, Breech Body Balancing, Resolving Shoulder Dystocia, and Birthing from Within®Workshops, and a Storytelling, Healing, and the Birthworker’s Journey workshop.
Jamie Mossay: CMT, CF/CBE(BFW), she/her/hers
Jamie has been serving the San Diego community as a massage therapist/bodyworker for 20 years and started attending births as a doula in 2009. A mother, Birth Story Listener®, and Certified Birthing From Within® Mentor and Facilitator, she has studied, practiced, and taught numerous modalities working primarily with pregnant, laboring, and postpartum people and their families. The Spinning Babies® approach to birth, by helping restore awareness of space and freedom in the body, is the cornerstone of her embodied birth practice. She is a Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner and Instructor.