When certified, you will be able to teach a 3-hour Spinning Babies® Parent Class in-person module or our Online Guided Spinning Babies® Parent Class to pregnant parents. After this class, expectant parents will better understand how their baby can find optimal positions for labor, and make birth less painful— even pleasurable!
Apply for upcoming trainings and pay later. For a BIPOC scholarship, apply first before payment, if eligible you’ll get a unique registration link.
- 4-day in-person training, plus
- Extensive teacher manual
- Listing on www.SpinningBabies.com
- Certified Parent Educator’s badge
- Unique materials just for your parents
- International community meetings on Zoom
- Affiliate program sales commission
Happy Participants & Pregnant Parents
“Why do I love teaching Spinning Babies® Parent Classes so much?! Because it works! The stories I hear or have the opportunity to witness – successful VBACs, challenging births helped along by Spinning Babies® techniques, more comfortable pregnancies through Daily Essential practice… It’s exciting! I love sharing it and want all expecting parents to have these tools!”
“This training gave me the knowledge and confidence to be able to help and empower parents through their pregnancy and birthing experience.”
“It opened a world of possibilities that I can use to improve my work.”
“This training was one of the greatest experiences of my life… It was nice to meet like-minded people from all over the world and share our stories. I feel so connected and supported.”
“I love the philosophy of Spinning Babies®. It’s clear and useful. It’s all about the body without ignoring the mindset of the mother.”
“I learned so much, used all the information and I had the most amazing pregnancy, labour and birth… My birth was incredible.”
“The techniques I learned in class with [my Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator] were pure relief. Spinning Babies® Parent Class all the way!”
“I did everything my way and just knowing how and why to do some moves made total sense. This is great information to know.”
Do you qualify?
Do you qualify to become a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator? There are two ways to qualify.
Your application will show that you meet the requirements.
- Take a Spinning Babies Workshop within three years of the CPE Training before applying.
- Fill the application before registering.
- Have your documents ready to upload.
Open to certified childbirth educators, registered prenatal yoga instructors (200 hours), and non-certified childbirth educators who have taught five or more childbirth education group classes.
Prerequisites for Certified Parent Educators
Spinning Babies® Workshop
- One Spinning Babies® Workshop must be completed before applying.
- It must be between 3 months and 3 calendar years before the SpBCPE Training.
Spinning Babies® Workshop comes in three varieties:
- 1-day Spinning Babies® Workshop
- One 1-day Spinning Babies® Integration workshop
- 2-day Spinning Babies® Workshop
Not accepted: Labor and Birth with Spinning Babies®, or a shorter workshop or conference presentation
List of Approved Childbirth Education Certifications
- Academy of Certified Birth Educators
- Active Birth
- Birth Arts International
- Birth Boot Camp
- Birthing From Within
- BACE Certified Childbirth Educator (BCCE) Childbirth and Postpartum
- Bradley Method® Husband Coached Childbirth
- Calmbirth Childbirth Education Program
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association (CAPPA)
- Childbirth International (CBI)
- Childbirth And Parenting Educators of Australia (CAPEA)
- Douglas College Childbirth Educators Training Program
- HypnoBirthing International (Marie Mongan Method, Birth Basics component)
- Informed Beginnings
- International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA)
- Istanbul Doğum Akademisi (Istanbul Birth Academy)
- JJWay Childbirth Educator Course 1240
- Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE)
- National Childbirth Trust NCT Preparation for Birth and Beyond
- Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc.
- The Leclaire Method – Mindful Pregnancy to Labor
Did we miss a wonderful, comprehensive childbirth education program? Send us an email at email@example.com!
Which programs are not eligible as a pre-requisite?
- Evidence Based Birth (highly recommended, but must add a CBE program)
- HypnoBirthing without Birth Basics addition
Remember, if you teach group classes, you can use the Non Certified Childbirth Educator pathway.
Once you are fully registered for the Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training there are several steps to complete before the in-person training. Allow time to complete steps.
What support does Spinning Babies give their Certified Parent Educators?
- Your photo and link on www.SpinningBabies.com
- Special badge for Certified Parent Educator’s website
- Licensed slideshow
- Parent eBook and downloads
- Affiliate program with special percentage
We offer scholarships for Childbirth Educators of Color.
You will receive a link to apply in your Application Acceptance email. You do not have to pay to apply. Scholarship application deadline is 2 months before the training date.
APPLY & REGISTER
All steps are necessary to complete registration.
Please note all CPE Trainings and materials are currently only available in English and Portuguese. Parent Educators are allowed to teach verbally in another language, but only handouts in our officially translated languages can be distributed.
Please, make sure you have read about the certification process before applying and registering.
You will need to enter your email address for this application. Please use a permanent email address that you would like to use for your application, registration, certification, email communications, purchases and re-certification with Spinning Babies.
Spinning Babies® COVID-19 Policy
Spinning Babies® follows CDC and local recommendations related to COVID-19 precautions. Please check your local health department’s guidelines as you are planning for your registration and attendance. Spinning Babies® will update you on our planned measures close to the time of the event based on current recommendations. Please see Spinning Babies® infographic PDF about general COVID-19 precautions.
Our safety measures may include:
- Adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
- Wearing masks (over noses and mouths)
- Doing hands-on activities with a limited number of other participants.
- Asking participants to bring their own pillow.
Participants who register and attend must review and agree to the COVID Waiver prior to attendance.
If a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator (SpBCPE) Training is Cancelled by Spinning Babies®
If cancellation of the event is deemed necessary, based on local health guidelines or travel restrictions, participants will be notified as soon as possible via email, and the full registration fee will be refunded. Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodations and related expenses.
If you Need to Cancel Due to COVID-19 Exposure or Local Pandemic Restrictions
Please refrain from attending a workshop if you have symptoms that may be related to COVID-19.
- Most common symptoms: fever, dry cough, tiredness
- Less common symptoms: aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or smell, a rash on skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes
Those who are experiencing cold or allergy symptoms, which may be unrelated to COVID-19, a negative COVID-19 test is an appropriate measure before attending a workshop.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled workshop due to having COVID-19 or recent exposure, please let us know prior to the first day of the event. You may use your paid fee towards a future Advanced Training or Spinning Babies® conference within 1 year of the original event date.
If any participant is unable to attend their scheduled Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training due to COVID-19 border closures or gathering restrictions, put in place by their local state, county or government, please let us know as soon as possible prior to the first day of the workshop. You may choose a refund or use your paid fee towards a future Advanced Training or Spinning Babies® conference within 1 year of the original event date.
If a participant cancellation occurs due to any reason unrelated to COVID-19, the cancellation policy for each Spinning Babies® Workshop or Advanced Training will apply.
Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and related expenses and Spinning Babies® is unable to reimburse these expenses.