3 Principles in Pregnancy
Balance, Gravity and Movement
These "3 Sisters" help you prepare for and progress through childbirth. Begin Balance activities in early pregnancy, even before pregnancy, or as soon as you learn about the benefits of balance (now!).
The goals of our 3 Principles of Spinning Babies are:
- Help the baby's chin tuck to get a smaller head circumference
- Help baby rotate themselves so their head is coming down from an optimal angle
- Open the pelvis wider with mother's own positions
- Help make the most room for baby to descend - whether in the ideal position or not
- To reduce the times medical intervention is necessary and let baby make these changes themselves in the room the mother has accomplished with these techniques and more
Using balance, posture and movement in pregnancy enhance baby's starting position for labor. Being more balanced, aligned, and flexible will help your uterus repostion the baby with pre-labor and early labor surges (contractions).