Spinning Babies® holds the view that birth is a natural process of human reproduction. So, how can we support your natural birth?
This page contains affiliate links, through which we receive a small commission.
Our friends over at Lamaze researched and named six ways to increase your likelihood of having your baby vaginally and reduce your chances of birth interventions. We recommend making yourself a cup of tea and spending some time reading and considering the Lamaze 6 Healthy Birth Practices.
- Healthy Birth Practice 1: Let labor begin on its own.
- Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around, and change positions throughout labor.
- Healthy Birth Practice 3: Bring a loved one, friend, or doula for continuous support.
- Healthy Birth Practice 4: Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary.
- Healthy Birth Practice 5: Avoid giving birth on your back, and follow your body’s urges to push.
- Healthy Birth Practice 6: Keep birthing parent and baby together. It’s best for parents, baby, and breastfeeding.
Affirmations are short, powerful statements that can affect your conscious thoughts. Close your eyes, breathe deeply and slowly, and repeat the following to yourself each day throughout the next week. Fill yourself with breath and feel the joy: