This week or next, you may start experiencing pregnancy-related nausea known as “morning sickness,” though it can happen during any time of day. While these feelings can signal rising pregnancy hormones — and therefore, a potentially more viable pregnancy  — waves of nausea are still no fun.
This page contains affiliate links, through which we receive a small commission.
Here are a few Spinning Babies® ideas to help take the edge off of morning sickness:
- Drink warm, unflavored water upon waking to overcome sluggishness.
- Keep a snack on your bedside table.
- Eat protein in the morning and every 2-4 hours thereafter.
- Keep meals small, but frequent.
- Take 50 mg of B vitamins.
- Drink ginger tea or try ginger lozenges/candy.
- Add a few drops of essential oils to a diffuser. Try ginger, peppermint, or lavender.
- Sip Red Raspberry Leaf tea (made from red raspberry leaves, not a flavored black tea).
- Try Sea-Bands, which activate acupressure points that fight nausea.
- Try acupuncture.
- Consider Emotional Freedom Technique and/or Eye Movement Therapy.
Affirmations are short, powerful statements that can affect your conscious thoughts. Close your eyes, breathe deeply and slowly, and repeat the following to yourself each day throughout the next week. Fill yourself with breath and feel the joy: